Q:If I seek counseling, does that mean I am a weak person?
A: Actually it is a sign of
strength that needs to be commended. It says that you are a person who
is willing to try to improve the quality of your current life, despite
what others may or may not think about counseling.
Q: How can I be sure that I need counseling?
A: People seek out counseling for various reasons:
I. People seek professional counseling because they may be experiencing:
- Feelings of sadness that linger
- Chronic worry
- Racing thoughts, intrusive thoughts, delusional thinking
- Inability to sit still, stressed out, panic, fears
- Changes in sleeping patterns, nightmares or eating patterns
- An inability to stop using drugs
- Changes in behavior
- Difficulty concentrating, confusion, inability to stay focused
- Frequent arguments
- Effects of sexual, physical and emotional abuse
- Grieving the loss of a loved one
- Pain of betrayal, abandonment , rejection
- NO JOY, NO PEACE, NO LOVE
(This list is not all inclusive)
II. Individuals seek out counseling because they need a
fresh perspective or a different set of eyes regarding their situation.
Some individuals need someone who will simply listen and convey warmth,
empathy and genuineness.
III. Some come to counseling because they need to acquire
some skills (parenting, anger management, assertiveness,
social/communication skills, relapse prevention)
IV. Many come because the judicial system mandates treatment to be conducted by a professional counselor.
Q: What are your fees and hours of operation?
A: Initial evaluations are 75.00.
Session fees are based on a sliding scale basis to be discussed with the counselor at time of intake.
Some insurance plans are accepted. Please call ahead and ask office administrator.
We are open from 9am -8pm M- F and 9-5 on Saturdays.
Q: How long are the sessions?
A: A 50 minute counseling hour.
What method of payment do you accept?
We accept checks and cash.